North East Blogger Event

Sunday, July 27, 2014


Over the past few years I have jumped from blog to blog trying to find one that I was happy with and wanted too commit too. And I think part of my lack of longevity was down to the fact that I thought I was a lone blogger in the North East. Aside from my lovely friend Lauren from greentea-please.blogspot.com. I mean, I knew I wasn't but I hadn't came across any North East bloggers.

Then on Instagram I met the lovely Nicola from anappetiteformakeup.blogspot.com who after lots of chatting and Instagram likes I found our was from Durham which is super close to Newcastle. It was really nice to find another local blogger who i shared the same interests with. Nicola tweeted me about an event taking place in Sunderland which was a blogger meet up at a quaint little vintage store in the centre of town. I was super excited and immediately got in touch with Lauren to ask her to come with me. 



The event was held at Scout Vintage in Sunderland and was hosted jointly by Angela (the founder of Scout Vintage) and the lovely Kayleigh from idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk. The shop was small and intimate and had racks full of vintage garments - like a vintage dressing up box. They had a good mix of men and women's clothing with a mix brands, high end and high street as well as some no label unique finds. The ceilings were lined with vintage scarves and we were lucky enough to get one in our amazing goodie bag along with a LUSH Fun bar and some other make up bits and bobs.

There were some delicious naughty nibbles too consisting of cupcakes provided by Serendipity (best butter cream EVER), Iced Caramel Lattes from Holmeside, as well as popcorn, wine and strawberries and cream. I don't even drink coffee and the ice caramel latte was DELICIOUS. If you live in the Sunderland area I believe that they also deliver. 


The lovely Tamzin Cumming's was doing retro make overs on everyone which fitted the evening perfectly and everyone looked flawless. The beautiful girls from Black Door Hair Salon were also doing the most beautiful retro hair up's. Everyone different but each as intricate and beautiful as the next. 

Myself and Lauren met some lovely people. I got to meet Nicola which was lovely to chat face to face as well as her lovely friend Sarah. Kayleigh the even organiser was just lovely and we chatted for quite a while about our dream to own a Chanel bag at some point. There was so many lovely people and i will link of their blogs below so you can go and check them out. 

Just want to say a huge thank you to Kayleigh for organising such an amazing event, Nicola for inviting me and Lauren for being my date. Really looking forward to the next one girls! 

Bloggers who attended the event:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Lovely post !!!! It was so lovely to finally meet you x I am writing my post now, benidorm was amazing but it's absolutely tired me out haaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! Same here - was fab to finally meet yoo! So glad you had a lush time in Benidorm! Will pop over to your blog tonight and read your post :) xxxx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for linking my blog :) Yes, so many North East bloggers hiding away, I'm discovering more and more all the time!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome and thanks for reading! I know there are so many more than I thought - can't wait for the next event :) xx

      Delete
  3. Aw love this post! It was so lovely to meet and chat with you! So glad you enjoyed it! We will get a Chanel bag soon haha! Hope to catch up with you at the next one!!

    Kay xx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks Kayleigh - you too! Haha one day - we can both dream :) Defo - let me know if any come up :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Hey love! I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award(: Check out the details on my blog: http://typebeautiful.blogspot.com/2014/07/my-first-liebster-award.html

    Have a nice day!

    Stephanie, The Best In Beauty: http://typebeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe